Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Coke Pulled Pork

When my friend pulled a nice slab of boneless pork out of the freezer for dinner I instantly wanted to make pulled pork. I loveeeeeee pulled pork. There are sooo many different recipes for pulled pork online and after trawling through them I figured they couldn't be that different. We didn't have a lot of the ingredients for a lot of the recipes so we found a recipe on Jamie Cooks It Up with just two ingredients (other than the pork): coke and bbq sauce. Easy! The recipe also called for the pork to be seared before putting it in the slow cooker to give it a smokey flavour. Because I didn't have the rub I just covered the pork in salt before I seared it.






Because I had seen so many other recipes I did add a few extra ingredients we already had around the house.

Pork roast
1l Coke
Worcester sauce
Tomato sauce
BBQ sauce
Salt
Soft buns
Coleslaw

Sear the pork roast after covering it in salt. Place in the slow cooker and top with tomato sauce then the coke.




Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork. Once it is, take out and shred completely, then put back in the coke mixture for another hour covered on low.







Drain the mixture leaving some moisture in the meat then add BBQ sauce, worcester sauce and tomato sauce to taste. Cook for another 30 mins -1 hour covered on low.



To serve, I have usually had pulled pork on toasted soft buns with coleslaw and love it like this, so this is how I served it.



Thank god there were leftovers!

2 comments: