Pages

Sunday 12 August 2012

Sorbetto Top

When I was in Luxembourg a few weeks ago I started making the Sorbetto top. Since Wendy sent me the pattern I have seen it on numerous blogs and now I know why. It's so simple and such a great pattern I'm planning it in numerous colours and patterns.


You can play around with different bias and different box pleat and even lengths which I really love. For my first top I.. wait for it.. MADE my own bias binding in the same fabric! I used Wendy's bias binding maker. You can get them in different sizes for different projects. I have one on my christmas list now!


Because it's quite a loose-fit top I put in some darts at the back as well as at the front to pull it in at the waist a bit which worked well. I'm looking forward to being reunited with my sewing machine so I can make more!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love the fabric! I haven't gotten around to making one yet (I must be the last one alive LOL) but I agree with you, I was gonna add darts to mine too, as it is a little boxy without :) Yours looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete