Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2013

2013 re-SEW-lution: Focus on Enjoyment!

I have been spending more time recently enjoying being by myself and taking time to look through other people's blogs and plan my own projects. I came across So I sewed this's post on 2013 re-SEW-lution: focus on Enjoyment and immediately wanted to take the pledge. So many pledges this year; 2013 is the year! So without further ado;

I will focus on enjoyment this year!

Sewing related, I will be taking more time over my projects to end up with something of better quality, I will not cut any corners like I have done in the past. I want to really love my creations and want to feel proud of them. And, in accordance with the Stashbusting Sewalong, will be using fabric already in my stash so I don't spend any more money on fabric I do not need.

However, I am going to extend my pledge beyond sewing and just to my life in general. Within reason, as I need to pass my law degree this year (!), I will make time for my friends, the things I enjoy and for myself. I won't be convinced into doing things I do not enjoy. I will do things that make me happy and make others happy.

That is my pledge!

Spread the enjoyment!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I've also found that focusing on enjoyment has extended beyond sewing and i'm trying to focus on enjoyment in other aspects of life. It sounds so simple, but it's very easy for me to start stressing about things. This is helping me stay in a positive mindset. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a positive mindset is a great goal for 2013. Thanks!

      Delete