Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Elasticated Skirt

The March part of my Stashbusting Sewalong Challenge is Impending Seasonal Change. As I've had so little time because of university work I decided to make something I already knew how to make: an elasticated skirt. I made this before for my friend Bailey so I know it works well - you can see hers and the tutorial here

I made it with some fabric I had bought with no intended use.. story of my life before this year.. It's got a really nice weight for a skirt and is navy blue so versatile as a wardrobe item. As you can see from my pictures I used my pinking shears I got for Christmas  and my dummy I got for Christmas! It's beautiful! I may shorten it a little but it looks pretty good on my dummy for now until it gets a bit warmer here in Brighton!






2 comments:

  1. Great job on the skirt! And I LOVE that dress form - or whatever it's called... ;-) Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think in the UK it's a dummy but seems to be a dree form in the US! Have a great day!

      Delete