Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Roast Chicken with White Wine & Shallots

For my housemate's birthday I made the house dinner. My nan had made me this recipe a few weeks before and as the birthday boy's favourite thing in the world was chicken I decided to make it for him. It's a really easy recipe for how good it is, all in one dish! The recipe calls for a whole chicken cut into 8 but when my nan made it she used thighs so I did the same and used thighs and drumsticks.



This is a Bill Granger recipe and comes from the delicious magazine that I have mentioned before, a brilliant magazine for keen cooks (my nan subscribes so I can nick hers!). The recipe recommends to serve with crispy bread and a side salad but I served with mashed potato and it was really good for soaking up all the good gravy!

Roast Chicken with White Wine & Shallots
Serves 4
8-10 chicken thighs and drumsticks
150g bacon, diced or into lardons
10 french shallots, peeled
Thyme (orig. fresh but I used dried)
1 fresh rosemary sprig
1 tsp chili flakes
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
250ml white wine

Preheat the oven to 220C/425F. Arrange the chicken in a large roasting dish and cover with shallots, bacon, thyme, rosemary and chili flakes, olive oil and S&P.



Roast for 20 minutes. Add the wine and roast for another 20-30 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked.


Serve with mashed potato or crusty bread and salad.

3 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds amazing! :)

    Thank you for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good, Jessie! Thanks so much for sharing at Marvelous Mondays. Carrie and I will be featuring this at tonight's party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessie, saw your amazing recipe featured over at Marvelous Mondays and it sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing this recipe! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete