Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Puffs

I wanted to just let anyone reading this know that I haven't abandoned this blog. I'm currently in the lead up to my finals of my last year of a law degree and as you can imagine my life is packed with so much at the moment. I will try to post a few times during my exam period but I can't promise anything so if you are a follower I hope you will stay until I have my life back! 

Until then I will leave you with a great recipe I tried out at Christmas for a party. These Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Puffs from Running to the Kitchen went down so well. So well in fact I barely had enough time to take a picture, or at least a good one! They're oh so soft and mushy on the inside full of goodness and crispy and delicious on the outside. They took a bit of time but perfect if you want to bring a fantastic dish to a party or serve something a little different.


Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Puffs
Makes 20 balls
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
1 ounce goat cheese
1 teaspoon rosemary, minced & divided
1 cup parmesan cheese grated & divided
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
salt & pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt water and place potatoes in pot. Cook for 15 minutes until fork tender, drain. Place cooked potatoes in a large bowl.
Add goat cheese, butter, milk, 1/2 cup of parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and a generous amount of salt & pepper to taste. Mash together. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until chilled.
Preheat oven to 220C/425F degrees. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. 
In a small bowl, beat the egg. In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, remaining parmesan cheese, remaining rosemary, salt & pepper. Roll potato mixture into small balls (ping pong size or smaller).

Coat balls in egg and then transfer to breadcrumb mixture, rolling around until completely coated. Place on baking sheet. Spritz balls with olive oil or baking spray and bake for 15 minutes.

Grill/hi-broil for 5 more minutes until golden brown and crispy. Beware, they are moreish! I recommend making double the recipe.. Next time I would probably add a bit more goats cheese.. it doesn't need it but the flavour was subtle and I do like my goats cheese. Just looking at them makes me want to make more right now..

8 comments:

  1. These look SO good! Thank you for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty tasty :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love goat cheese! They sound so good, just pinned! Found you through Memories by the Mile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add a bit more goats cheese than the recipe allows if you are a big fan! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Jessie,
    Thank you for sharing this at my party. They look delicious, I've never had one. I pinned it and will have to give it a try.
    Hope to see you next week at Tuesday Trivia at http://www.memoriesbythemile.com/
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious! Thanks for sharing with us at Real Housemoms!

    ReplyDelete